Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Role Model

In case you hadn't figured it out yet, our Aiden is a bit of a know-it-all. And who is the one soaking up every minute of his know-it-all goodness? Nathan. Aiden will read to Nathan from just about anything, although he usually prefers educational books. The result is that Nathan is beginning to be a bit of a know-it-all himself.

This morning I found the two of them sitting on my bed, Aiden reading a book on bugs to Nathan, and Nathan sitting there with a definite look of "I adore my big brother". While I don't want to admit that Aiden might be teaching Nathan more than I am, he might just be pushing it. After a few pages of bug facts, Aiden stops and says, "You know, Nathan...I just don't know why they call this 'The Icky Bug Board Book' - it's made of paper, not boards!". And Nathan looked like Aiden had just made the most important discovery ever. Aiden has no idea how important he is to his little brother.

No comments: