If any one of us never got sick again, it would be too soon. This year has been the absolute worst for illness and while I know it's not just happening to us, it's beyond frustrating to get sick with something every 3-6 weeks. Even John's boss is starting to complain that we're getting sick too much!
We've had cold after cold after cold, flu after flu after flu, plus the norovirus on top of everything and then way back in October I had my little swine flu adventure.... We last had colds during the first week of June.
Then in the middle of last week, the boys suddenly came down with croup. It's July!! The doc's office said that they're seeing record numbers of croup right now. From Wednesday to Sunday, I was up with both boys until 5am every night (croup is AWFUL during the night).
Needless to say, by the time Monday came around, I was exhausted and barely functioning. What a surprise that on Monday afternoon, I started feeling stuffy and my throat hurt. By 11pm, I had a fever, severe body aches, chills, and the stiffest neck I've ever experienced. What stinks is that John couldn't call out of work and Aiden had to be driven to science camp. A word of advice to everyone: Never, ever drive with a high fever. Nothing happened, but it just did not feel safe. My response time was probably on the same level as a drunk driver.
So fast forward to today. I thought I was feeling better, but woke up with an even stiffer neck, plugged ears, more body aches, and massive temperature fluctuations (it's not normal to feel freezing one second and so hot you might pass out the next). I suspected whatever this was had turned into a sinus infection or something along those lines, so I called the advice nurse at my doctor's office. The first thing she said after I went over my symptoms was, "Yeah, you're going to come in TODAY". Oh good....that doesn't worry me at all.
I went in and they immediately started asking me all these questions: "Have you traveled internationally recently?", "Any camping trips?", "Have you been exposed to anyone who HAS traveled internationally recently?". And then they did the lovely throat swab. Yuck. Lucky for me, they ruled out viral meningitis. But it hasn't yet progressed into a sinus infection, so I didn't get any meds except for a basic nasal spray. My doc just thinks I managed to get a cold that then mutated into something nasty and I just have to wait it out.
Did I mention that John woke up with it today?
I'm so done with us being sick.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment