Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ah, Life

Sorry for the blogging lapse. Life happens and it's been happening here a lot. We thought we were kicking whatever illness we had and then it sort of relapsed - not badly, just enough to be frustrating. My dad came to visit, John and I both have been swamped by our jobs, while Aiden has been enjoying Splash Camp at his preschool this week. We all took a trip to the aviation museum (post on that later), I was a witness to a car accident (yucko), and we took our first trip to Costco that didn't go as smoothly as I would have hoped.

Soooo....we've been busy and I haven't been on the computer more than 2-3 minutes at a time lately. We are worn out and need to sleep for a whole weekend. So naturally, I used John's upcoming 28th birthday as an excuse to plan a child-free weekend away at the coast. We will be staying in Newport in a King Spa Stateroom with a fireplace and panoramic views of the ocean (two person jetted spa tub IN the room with the view of the ocean). I can barely wait for the end of August. Just thinking of alternating sleep and jetted baths over the entire weekend is enough to make me want to cry. Tears of joy, of course. :^)

Hopefully I can start to catch up around the end of the week, but I'll have to find time in between work, Splash Camp, tumbling classes, and a friend from Philadelphia coming to visit (YAY!). I do like when life is busy, but I will appreciate some downtime once we get it.

No comments: