Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gounod

We took a trip to the zoo today to see Kevin (my sister-in-law's fiance) take some pictures of the animals. The boys were as well behaved as they'd been in a few weeks actually, so it was quite a nice day. Long, but nice. But this post isn't particularly about the zoo visit.

After Kevin had departed and we were walking around on our own, we walked past an older gentleman. Aiden starts whispering excitedly, "Mommy, mommy! I just saw Charles-Francois Gounod!". I nearly spit out my water! I decided to make sure I'd understood him: "You mean the composer? That Gounod?". Aiden says, "Yes! He walked by us!". Nevermind the fact that he died in the late 1800s. I'm sure the people passing by us wondered why I was laughing so hard. The things my four year old says....

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That is really totally and completely hillarious! Thank you Aiden for a wonderful laugh this morning! You are awesome.

emily said...

That is awesome! He says the cutest things. Thanks for posting those. It makes me not so sad that my little guy is growing up, because each stage has it's own wonderful moments like that.