Monday, February 15, 2010

Super Gross Parent Moment

As parents, you will inevitably end up with some pretty gross things happening. You move past it. No big deal. We've had the basics: Pooped on, peed on, barfed on (I still haven't quite gotten past barf dripping from my hair last month after Nathan let go...), boogers on our hands, chewed up food getting smeared on us....it's all a badge of parenthood. But yesterday, one of the grossest things happened and it actually took me a few hours to decide if I should post it here. But I know that in time, we'll look back - actually, scratch that. One day, John will look back on it and laugh. I laughed already.

The boys had spilled some cereal on the couch (no milk) and I hadn't cleaned it up yet. John walked over to sit on the couch, grabbed a piece of cereal and popped it in his mouth. Unknown to either of us, one of the boys had apparently had a pee accident on the couch and on the cereal that John had just popped into his mouth. John's face turned pretty fast and the accident was quickly realized. I couldn't help laughing as John cleaned out his mouth. It was just such a parent thing to have happen. And this is why you shouldn't eat spilled cereal from anywhere.

No comments: