Monday, January 25, 2010

Severe Lack of Motivation

I have things to blog about.....Nathan's birthday party, a mom's night out, and other little things. But I don't feel motivated. Funny how I'm motivated enough to blog about not being motivated though! It doesn't just apply to blogging - I'm putting off the laundry folding, reorganizing the kitchen since getting new dishes, taking things to Goodwill, going through the boys' clothes again (we had another growth spurt over Christmas!).

My sleep schedule has gotten all out of whack and I'm barely pushing through the days lately. I'm ready for bed about 5pm each day. The boys have created a new and fairly reasonable sleep schedule for themselves and I should be pretty happy about it. They are going to bed at 7pm, going to sleep right away (instead of staying up for 2 hours playing and talking, which used to be the norm), and then waking up around 8am. They are finally getting enough sleep! My problem is that I can't seem to fall asleep until 1am or later, regardless of how tired I am, then I'm up with the boys at 8am. It's just not enough sleep for me to be a normal, functioning human. I know that if I can just get myself in bed and asleep earlier, we will be rocking the best sleep schedule possible.

One little issue with Nathan though is that he seems to have stopped napping. For me, at least. Apparently he will nap for other people, but every single time I put him down for a nap, he spends the whole time crying, complaining, playing....anything but sleeping. I will leave him in there for a reasonable amount of time to let him go to sleep, but at some point I have to take into account how long of nap he would take if he fell asleep too late. Then bedtime would be all screwy. Usually once it's reached about 2-2:30, I let him out of his room. Aiden stopped napping around this age, but I wasn't very happy about it. I was hoping Nathan would go longer. Something to discuss at the check-up on Wednesday, I suppose.

So there it is. My motivational blahs. I'm hoping I will adjust my sleep schedule by the end of the week. My knee has been recovering nicely and I go back to work on Saturday for the first time in four weeks. I certainly need to be well rested in order to handle retail!

No comments: