It's the time in the school year to register for next year's preschool class. I picked up the registration paperwork from Aiden's classroom folder on Wednesday, brought it home and immediately filled it out and wrote the check. Since we're an alumni family, we get priority placement and I wanted to make sure all the paperwork was in well before the due date on the 24th.
We choose a first choice class, a second choice, and a third choice. If our first choice is open, he immediately gets placed on that class list. If it's not and we are bumped to one of our other choices, we either have to confirm that we want that class or choose to put him on the wait list for our first choice (risking him not going to school at all).
If all goes well, Aiden will go back into the same class he is in now since it's a multi-age classroom (3-5 year olds). No change there. The big thing? I registered Nathan. It's hard to imagine him being old enough, but he's old enough for the class that Aiden was in last year (2-3 year olds). It will be a huge change, but we're excited about it for him. Whenever we take Aiden to or from school, Nathan is always asking, "I go school too?". He'll be so excited when he finally gets to stay and take part in a class!
This does mean that I will be parent helping four times a month, so I will be spending much more time there, but it will still give me a few afternoons per month with no kids. Think of laundry I'll be able to get done! I also won't need to worry about figuring out babysitting on my parent help days since they'll both be in class at the same time. Aiden will be there three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) and Nathan will be there twice a week (Mon, Wed).
It does up our school payments each month - though Nathan gets a small discount for being a sibling of a current student - which means I won't be quitting my job anytime soon. But I know how much Aiden has loved going to school and I look forward to giving Nathan that experience.
We get the class placement notifications on the 27th or 28th. I'm going to be a little nervous up until then, even though I know the afternoon classes are the last to fill up. You can bet on another post once we know their placement for sure!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment