Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Not the usual routine

Today was supposed to be the boring routine of me opening the store, working into the afternoon, getting home in time for John to head off to class, and putting the kids to bed all by myself. Then the ever so lovely 30-60 minutes to chat with my husband before I have to be in bed so I can open the store again in the morning. I'd love to see him more than an hour a day, but hey, at least one of us is employed.

But our evening turned out to be a little more eventful than planned. First, John didn't feel very well, so he stayed home (and I secretly rejoice over more time with my spouse!). Then the lady from church who watches the boys occasionally called and asked if we were available to watch her little boy for a few hours this evening while her and her husband went to a talk/lecture at John's old high school. Sure, why not? So Nathan and Aiden got a playmate for the evening! I also decided to be adventurous and attempt to make Irish Soda Bread. It turned out alright, but the recipe I used was much too salty for my taste. John likes it though.

At one point during the evening, John and I hear Aiden telling his friend, "Mommy drinks and Daddy drinks....". WHAT?!? I'm sure he meant we drink water and juice and milk like everyone else, but that's REALLY not what it sounded like he was saying. We had a good laugh about it and hoped that the kid wouldn't go home and announce this to his parents. We might get some sort of reputation!

So we got a little change from the ordinary tonight. Having a 3rd child around probably didn't help my sore feet any, but the boys certainly had fun.

No comments: