Sadly, I didn't really take any pictures. I just never got around to it. But our Easter was enjoyable and I was very happy to have the day off!
We woke the boys up before they were ready to be awake, so that resulted in crabby little ones. Nathan deals with getting prodded awake alright, but Aiden isn't much of a morning person. I had set their clothes out the night before to make the morning go a little smoother and that would have worked fine if I'd set out the correct socks for Aiden. I bought him new sandals from work and wasn't aware that his normal sport socks were too thick to wear with them (yeah, I know...socks with sandals. But they're closed toe sandals and he was wearing long pants, so it was fine). He lost it. I tried to get him to not wear any socks with the sandals, but he didn't want to do that. After 15 minutes (and now we were late for brunch at church), I found some of Nathan's socks and put those on him. They were thin enough to fit with the sandals and he settled down. Sort of. He then refused to put his sandals on. So he was carried out to the car screaming. We put his sandals on him in the car and finally started on our way to church. He cried off and on the whole way.
Once we got to church, he wanted to bolt from me and got angry when I made him stand next to me in line for brunch. But once we sat down and he got some food in his tummy, he was fine. There was no children's church and he's too old for the nursery (although most times, there are only two kids in there so the attendants -especially auntie Laura!- don't mind), so he got to sit with us in the service. That went over fairly well, but he had to be taken out twice.
After church, we went to great grandma and grandpa's for some candy hunting and a wonderful Easter dinner. Because of work, I hadn't seen everyone in quite a while, so it was nice to finally visit for a bit. We ate some pie, watched a little baseball, and chatted until it was time to head home. Thankfully the boys weren't too sugared out, but they did stay up a little later than normal.
I was extremely thankful to have the day to spend at church and with my family. It was good to relax a little after such a long week.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment