I like our pediatrician and as we agree on basically everything, I want to trust his advice soooo badly. But I'm about to pull my hair out. I want Aiden to be potty trained. I want him to just act like it's something he's even somewhat interested in. I want him to decide that he wants to be a big boy and not wear diapers anymore. Does it look like any of this is even close to happening? No.
When the boys had their checkups last month, we spent some time discussing potty training. I was feeling like Aiden was getting on the old side, seeing as he had just turned three and seemed to have no interest, but the pediatrician assured me that he was still well within the normal age range. He told me that I basically needed to act like I didn't care if Aiden's potty trained or not, because Aiden would sense ANY little bit of urgency over it on my part and would resist. I'm trying so hard to act like it's no big deal, but I'm really tired of fighting with him over diaper changes. Every time he fights me, I remind him that if he doesn't want diapers anymore, he needs to put it in the potty instead.
I agree with the pediatrician that he won't be in diapers forever, but I think I need to change our game plan. Last night was the last little bit of diaper fighting that I could take. We're going to jump start this potty training TODAY.
There will be many updates to come.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Good luck! I am sure that I will be emailing you for help :)
Post a Comment