During dinner, I left the TV on so that I could hear the election updates while we ate. John was working late, so it was just the boys and I. Now, I make it no secret that I voted for McCain this election, but I was fully aware that Obama had a very strong following. As we were eating, they pretty much called the election for Obama. I wasn't surprised, but must have had a somewhat disappointed look on my face because Aiden looked at me and said, "Mommy, are you sad?". I smiled and said, "Just a little bit.". He looks hard at me for a moment and then says, "Maybe it was an accident. Accidents happen. You'll know what to do.". Oh, the words of wisdom from a three year old! :^)
Even though I know they won't remember any of it, I kept the boys up later than usual so that we could all watch McCain's and Obama's speeches. And even though my candidate didn't win, I am still in awe that I am able to witness such an historic event in our nation's history. What an amazing thing to see. I listened intently to Obama's speech and I am interested to see what he can for our country as President.
So, to all of my readers who helped Obama make his way to the Presidency, congrats. I am happy for the election to be over, as it was beginning to feel almost painfully long! Now, I'm off to bed to wonder what the next four years will bring (hopefully good things!). Good night all!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment