Saturday, August 23, 2008

School time!

It was very last minute and my head is still spinning, but Aiden will be an official preschooler this fall! We found a preschool that, amazingly, still had openings in the 2-3 year olds groups (Aiden's birthday falls too late for the 3-4 year olds group and he's not yet potty trained, which most preschools require for that age group). It's small private preschool in Beaverton/Aloha and it's owned by a very nice lady who is the director and also the kindergarten teacher. Her daughter will be Aiden's teacher and she is very sweet and friendly. All of the teachers there have Masters degrees in Teaching and they showed us typical projects for the different age groups. By kindergarten, they have them doing geography! They are very big on fundraising and parent volunteers, so they are able to keep their costs down and very reasonable. They even give discounts if a parent or grandparent volunteers twice a month. I even found my perfect volunteer job during our tour today! Organizing the craft supplies shed! The director said I could even use their label maker. :^) Fun!

I'm so excited for Aiden. He was so excited to check out the place and just immersed himself into all the toys and activity stations within minutes of arriving. He will be attending twice a week in the afternoons. I can tell that he's going to love having the interaction with other kids on a very regular basis and I'm going to enjoy having some one on one time with Nathan. Lately, it had gotten to the point where I could tell that I wasn't able to do enough for Aiden during the day. He was getting bored with regular activities quickly, he wasn't wanting to play by himself very much, and he would begin to act out whenever I needed to focus my attention on the baby. This is great opportunity for us and I'm so glad that the door was opened to us. It's truly a miracle that we found a place with openings one week before school starts! It will be an adjustment for us, but I'm looking forward to how he will benefit from this new chapter of his life. My little baby is growing up....

No comments: