Sorry I haven't written much this week. I haven't felt up to it. Our weekend has been crazy, so I'll tell you all about it.
Nathan's fifth tooth popped through on Friday. Five teeth, can you believe it? He's got four on the bottom and now one on the top. The kid's only seven months old. Aiden's first tooth was barely breaking through at this age. I told John that now we have to have another kid, because I didn't get enough baby time with this one. He's crawling all over the apartment, sitting up on his own (getting there from crawling position and back down again), and has begun pulling himself up to standing on anything he can get his hands on. Where did my baby go??
We've been having a heat wave for a few days now, getting into triple digits. It's been really unbearable for us, as the temp inside our apartment has been a consistent 93 degrees. Blah. I thought my brains were going to melt yesterday and I ended up with the worst migraine I've had in two years, along with vomiting and all. Not great when you're trying to stay hydrated. My milk supply was basically nothing all day yesterday. And the heat wave claimed our guinea pig this afternoon. I tried so hard to keep her hydrated, but her little rodent body just couldn't take it. John was sweet and even tried to keep her alive by placing her in cool water in our sink and handfeeding her, but she still passed. I couldn't even look at her, she looked so miserable. John is finally considering my pleas to buy a cat, as we've lost three guineas over the past two years.
I'm so ready for this heat wave to be over!!! It's gotten to the point where Aiden was standing naked in the middle of the living room, screaming. Not crying, just screaming. Oh yeah, and he locked himself in his room and it took us forty minutes to get him out. We ended up having to take the doorknob apart to do it. Needless to say, we turned the doorknob around so the lock side is on the outside of the door! Oh, what a weekend we've had.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Our lives are the same :) 5 teeth? Is he ready for carrots yet?? Geez...
Post a Comment