Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prayer please

For my readers who pray, I have a request:

My mother is in need of serious prayer. I won't (and really can't due to time and space) go into all the details of the past few years, but she has some serious mental issues. She is paranoid, vengeful, secretive, and a compulsive liar. She will say anything if she thinks it will get her something. She divorced my step-father, a loving Christian father, a couple of years ago and has ended up with an immature, abusive younger man who has serious anger issues and has even hit her on a few occasions. She has been spending the past few years trying to convince the courts that my step-father is the abusive one and she is at it again. He is the only steady source of love and devotion in my siblings' lives and she is trying to get it so that he isn't allowed to see the children and possibly even arrested for child abuse. Please pray that the courts and agents from Child Protection Services will see him for who he truly is.

I have tried all I can to tell the courts and CPS that she is the one who has issues and is putting the children in danger by being the man she is currently with. I can only do so much and at times it's so frustrating that it hurts. I have prayed on many occasions that she will see the light and realize how many people she has hurt, but I'm beginning to believe that this is just who she is and that she will never change. I've tried speaking to her about her behavior on a few occasions and I just ended up being verbally abused.

This is a very serious ongoing issue that my family has and we could use all the prayer we can get. Even though I am at a distance from my family, it still affects me deeply and pulls me away emotionally from dealing with my own children as I try to work through it. I have offered my testimony to CPS if they wish to speak with me regarding my step-father, so hopefully they will take me up on that and hear me out. I have spoken with them before and ended up with some good results because of it. There are also many people who know my mother well and have offered to back up my step-father against her claims.

I will update if any significant news comes to my attention.

1 comment:

"Spite" said...

I will pray for your siblings and your mother and the situation at hand. I can relate. Not the same situation, but I have a similar personality in my family as well.