Tuesday, August 12, 2008

My funny little boys

Or rude little boys. Feel free to choose.

I needed a babysitter for a little while yesterday morning, and John's cousin Hannah was gracious enough to agree to watch the boys for me. I returned a little while later to have Hannah show me where Aiden had arranged the magnetic fridge letters in a nice little row. Within that row of letters was a four letter word beginning with F. Luckily for me, Hannah thought it was funny (at least I hope you did!). I was a little embarrassed, but snapped a picture with my camera phone to show John later that evening. Now, Aiden doesn't know that word and certainly doesn't know how to spell it, so it really was purely random. John did the math in his head and the odds of Aiden randomly spelling that with all 26 letters available to him was something like 1 in 350,000. So, like I said, it was a little embarrassing, but I'm also sort of impressed. In an embarrassed sort of way.

Bodily functions and boys go hand in hand. I discovered this today while I was nursing Nathan. He was being quite gassy and was getting this little smile on his face while doing it. I called him a stinky pootie-tooter (one of his regular nicknames, actually) and he giggled at me. He then looked me straight in the face and said, "Da da", then went back to nursing. I sent John an email saying that I believed our 6 month old son just attempted to blame a toot on him!

Having little boys certainly is interesting sometimes!

No comments: