Nathan has a tooth! It popped through last week and another one should be coming through any time. It's just through the surface, so it's not quite in view enough to get a picture just yet. He's also been working on crawling. I've posted a picture below of him getting up on his hands and feet. He can move a little bit forward if he puts his head to the floor, but he's much better at moving backwards. This is throwing me off a little bit because Aiden didn't crawl until he was 9 months old. But he didn't seem to have too much interest in moving very much, whereas Nathan wants to get places and he wants to get there now! So he's only about 4 months ahead of Aiden on crawling and 2 months ahead with the first tooth. They are turning out to be very different children.
After 5 months of being siblings, they finally played together.
I guess it's the summer of watching friends begin new chapters of their lives. We had Candy and Caleb's wedding in June and just in the last two days, I've gotten two invitations to friends' weddings this summer. A friend that I've known since I was 4 and grew up with (Liz Sugden) is getting married at the end of July. She's been off in Russia doing her missionary work, so we haven't really spoken much lately, but it's so great to be invited to be a part of her wedding day. I was planning on attending her bridal shower on Sunday in Vancouver, but now I don't think I'm going to be able to make it.
My best friend from high school (Haley Thornburg) is also getting married this summer. About a week after Liz actually! It's going on five years since I've seen her and we've definitely gone different ways with our lives, but I am so excited to see her again. Her bridal shower is on Friday and I am so anxious for it! The moment I got the phone call from her mom inviting me, I went straight out to go shopping for her gift! I know she'll be a little preoccupied with everything on Friday, but I hope that we can get a few minutes to chat and maybe set up a time to meet for coffee or something. I already know that I'm going to have to pack quite a lot of tissues away in my purse for her wedding.
John is taking four classes this summer. He'll only be gone one night a week and every other Saturday because two of the classes are online, but he'll still have lots of homework. I know that he won't be in school forever and that the more classes he takes, the faster he'll be done, so I try to not let it get to me too much. I am a little hesitant to have him graduate though. He's continually spoken about how Oregon doesn't really offer the sort of mechanical work he's interested in, so we're probably going to have to move once he's graduated. I don't like that at all. I like being close to family. I like being able to call someone up if I need help or need a break from the kids. It really makes me sad to think of leaving.
Nathan and daddy having a moment...I was looking into taking a ballet class for the summer and once I found out that John didn't have classes on Mondays, it looked like it was going to work out. But once I really thought about it, something didn't feel quite right. I can't put my finger on what it is though. Maybe it's just not what I'd like to do right now, maybe it's not the right time for me, maybe my back just wouldn't be able to handle it yet. I don't know. I might look into taking a photography class or brushing up on my French or German. I'll wait until something feels just right for me. I definitely still want to take a dance class at some point, but maybe I'll wait until the fall. I hate feeling lost...
Well, I have a hungry little toddler on my hands and lots of laundry that has my name on it. Back to being a mom!





No comments:
Post a Comment