Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Official!

I'm a student! Not like a real student though. I'm taking a personal enrichment course through PCC online beginning July 16th. It's a photography course and I'm really excited about it. Over the past year, I've been getting more and more interested in photography and how I can capture things. I've experimented a bit, mostly with nature shots. When I do end up getting a really good shot, there's something so calming about it. To enjoy the world and what's out there naturally is just an amazing thing to experience. So I'm really looking forward to learning how to get those great shots more often and what things I can do digitally do the photos that I have already taken or will take. Hopefully I'll be able to share my findings with you all as I progress with the course. In the meantime though, I'd like to show you just a few photos that I've taken. These are definitely my favorites so far. Hopefully you all enjoy them as much as I do.
Click on any photo to enlarge and get the full effect. :^)
Sunset on the Oregon coast.

A look down the beach at sunset.

A look at Mt. Shasta coming back from California. This one was taken going 70 miles an hour down the freeway (I wasn't the one driving!). I think the blurry grass at the bottom adds a cool effect to the scene.

Cook Park in Tigard, Oregon. Not an overly special place, but the water was so still and I couldn't pass up the reflection in the water.

2 comments:

andreawilliams said...

Congrats on the new class! That should be fun.
P.S. I love your pictures!

"Spite" said...

Wow. That first photo of the Sunset looked familiar. I think there is a Windows XP Pro desktop background choice similar to that. Excellent photo! You should enter some online photo contests, there are tons of them. If you do, make sure to read all the fine print, some of them are scams to get your email address to sell to other places and spam you to death! Congrats though! Cool.