Tuesday, June 10, 2008

May 25 (part 1)

Caleb's parents were putting on a brunch the morning after the wedding and we were invited. Caleb and Candy weren't heading off to their honeymoon (Ireland and Spain!) until the next morning, so it was a nice time for everyone involved in the wedding to relax a little together after the rush of the wedding weekend.

The food was fantastic and we were, yet again, VERY well fed. After eating, Caleb took a group of us out to his parents' orchard and we spent some time chatting amongst the cherry trees. I got a picture of the guys with the house and orchard in the background. Caleb's parents live in a gorgeous neighborhood in Los Gatos and I believe they built the house themselves. You can only really see the top story in the picture, but I think it still gives you a good idea of what the house looks like.
Candy and Caleb opened their gifts after the brunch and it was fun to see everything that they received. Here we have them being a little silly with their new oven mitts from Crate and Barrel.
Nathan continued to get plenty of attention throughout the brunch and we were told many more times how amazingly well-behaved he was the night before. He just never ran out of smiles for people!
In the end, it was time to say goodbye to everyone. There were many people there from John's time in Philadelphia and even though I'd met some of them just once many years ago, it was still fun to see them again. We headed off to find a Walgreens (out of baby wipes and batteries for the camera) and then off for our afternoon trip to San Francisco!
Nathan and I in front of Caleb's parents' house. That's our rental car next to us.

No comments: