Tuesday, March 11, 2008

At the ER

I just sent Aiden off to the ER with John. Part of me feels like I should have gone along, but John thought it was simple enough that he could handle it himself. I'm still a complete mess over it though.

Aiden had been playing in John's desk while I was nursing Nathan. I told him to leave it alone. I thought he did. But apparently before he left it alone, he removed an eraser from a mechanical pencil and stuck it up his nose. I didn't notice it until we were getting Aiden ready for bed and he kept sniffing and sneezing. We attempted to get it out with tweezers, but it was just too far up there. Aiden was screaming and crying so much, I was sure the neighbors were going to call the police. I tried to call the after-hours advice nurse, but it just kept circling me around on hold. So off to the ER it was. Aiden was pretty upset and since he didn't get a nap today, I know he's tired.

I know they probably have to pull things out of children's noses all the time, so it should be pretty simple. But I just can't help but wonder how traumatized my child is going to be from strangers holding him down and pulling something out of his nose. He was completely freaking out from John and I doing it.....imagine how much worse it might be at the ER. I'll post an update when we recover from this adventure.

1 comment:

andreagw said...

oh no! how did it end up? is he ok??
poor little guy :(