Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Working Mom

It's official! So crazy!

Well, I guess it was actually official the day I started my training....and official on Monday when I got my first library-related paycheck....but it didn't feel official until the words "Library Assistant" were under my name.

I'm in my third week of training and I'm slowly starting to feel like I don't need direction for a lot of things. Starting out at a new place is always the most uncomfortable for me and I look forward to feeling at home there. It is happening though, and I already get along super well with a couple of the other girls.

The hardest part is juggling my work schedule, my internship schedule, and my school work. Oh yeah, and there are those kids who want to be fed and bathed on occasion. John has been working between 50-60 hour weeks which means he's not home super often. I'm so very, very tired at the end of the day, but the end to many things complicating our lives are in sight. I will be done with school and the internship in five weeks, Aiden will be done with his after-school garden club next week, and soccer for both boys ends in three weeks. After that, it should be mostly smooth sailing. 

The biggest thing facing us right now is summer childcare, but I hope we're close to getting that settled. Daycare is SO expensive ($22.50 an hour!!!), so we're most likely going to hire a high school or college student. I've gotten an account with an online childcare website and they take care of background checks for us. We already have three applicants from my job post yesterday afternoon! Please pray that we are directed to the right person for our family.

No comments: