Thursday, May 29, 2014

More Growing Up

Tonight at bedtime, Aiden came into my room and said, "Mom, we need to talk. PRIVATELY." You can imagine the many, many scenarios going through my head as to what he could possibly need to talk about privately. But I calmly agreed to speak to him and we went into his room.

He sat down on the bed and says, "Look, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but.....no more themed underwear, alright? I'm really trying to be cool here and you're not helping."

I somehow kept a straight face.

He continued, "And I mean no patterns either. Just solid colors. And no tighty whiteys anymore. It has to be boxer briefs. Also, I'm not very comfortable wearing themed shirts anymore."

I asked, "Are you ok with themed PJs?".

He narrowed his eyes and responded, "Barely."

So I agreed to go through his clothes and go shopping. He reminded me that he wanted to be involved in all of it. Of course. I would be a fool if I went shopping for his "cool clothes" without him.

It's just been a day of my children grumbling about their clothes. Nathan came home from school and took off his pants, saying that he doesn't like bootcut jeans anymore and will only wear skinny jeans from now on. Oy.

No comments: