So Nathan is a kindergartener..... My baby. My little Nathan. I didn't cry - amazingly. I nearly did a couple of times, but John said I just turned red all over instead. Whatever it takes to keep from losing it in front of everyone, right?
But oh, Nathan was SO excited to go to school.
Nathan was placed in the afternoon session, which is great as it gives us a few relaxing hours together after Aiden has gone to school and before Nathan goes to class. It does mean he has to eat lunch at an oddly early time, but maybe that will prepare him for the early lunchtime in 1st grade.
We got to class and found Nathan's desk. He was thrilled! It was so cute.
After a few minutes, he said, "Don't leave". (I almost lost it then) I said, "But I thought you were excited?" He said, "I am, but I'm also nervous and don't want you to leave". But we did high fives, kisses, and hugs, and I reminded him that his best friend Lucius is in the class with him. As I checked in with Nathan's teacher (who was supposed to be Aiden's teacher and is the TAG rep), she said, "I was so excited to have Aiden in my 2nd grade class! He was going to be my TAG case study! But I'm super excited to be connected to your family through Nathan and I'll still be involved in Aiden's TAG progress!". Um, I love this teacher.
At pick up time, I stuck to my normal routine of getting Aiden from his classroom and checking in with the teacher before I got Nathan from the kinder group waiting at the front of the building. It felt strange not having Nathan with me, but I suppose I'll get used to it. As I walked out to get Nathan, he looked so small and in awe of everything happening around him. But I could tell by his face as he saw me that he had a wonderful day and loved every minute of it. Much smoother than Aiden's start to kindergarten....(remember this?). As I made sure that Nathan's teacher knew I was getting him, she said, "I seriously love Nathan. Your kids are awesome and adorable!" Yep, she's going to be a good fit for Nathan this year.
Oh, and I was also able to check in with Aiden's teacher and she said that Aiden is settling in very well and already seems less frustrated. Great news!





No comments:
Post a Comment