Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of 2nd Grade!

Well, we have a 2nd grader.
Can you tell that he didn't sleep very well? He looks exhausted! He said he was too excited to fall asleep. I went in to wake him up and he said, "Oh, my alarm never went off!". In reality I had just turned it off because it had been going off for 25 minutes. This kid is just like his father.
We were running late and I didn't get close enough for the bottom of his sign to show in the picture, but it says, "I want to be a.....scientist!". I'll be more prepared for Nathan's first day on Thursday.

I did miss Aiden very much today and kept checking the clock to see if it was time to get him yet. Nathan obviously missed him too. At least his company. He drove me up the wall all day long. I eventually bought him a small lego set while we were at Target this afternoon out of desperation so I could get some things done here at home.

Aiden said he had a "good" day, but did apparently have a little trouble with frustration due to reading material. It sounded like his teacher handled it very well (and she seems nice). We had a talk about it and are hoping for a better day tomorrow. But Aiden did sit down at dinner and announce that he wanted to be home schooled. So that wasn't quite what I was expecting/wanting to hear. We then had a big talk about it and we explained what we wanted from his 2nd grade experience. The subject is not off the table, but would need to be reevaluated at a later time. He seemed satisfied with the outcome.

After we left Aiden in his classroom this morning, Nathan had his kindergarten assessment. He impressed the teacher with his math skills and is quite excited for kindergarten to start on Thursday!

No comments: