Monday, August 5, 2013

Kid Quotes

I haven't posted quotes from our lovely little boys in a while and they've given us some good ones lately:

Aiden: "I know I've said that I want to be a scientist, but I really think I should be a high school science teacher. Kids need to know that science is the most awesome thing ever. But the school should understand that my science room is going to need lots of equipment and money. And that some stuff might get blown up."

Out of nowhere, Nathan randomly exclaimed, "I'm really happy I'm a boy....so I don't have to give birth to any babies!". Then Aiden said, "I'm pretty sure you still have to do something if you want kids. I still haven't figured out what, though".

Me: "Well boys, it looks like I have a kidney stone. This means you'll both need to really behave and help me out, ok?"
Aiden: "Just ignore the pain. I'm sure you'll be fine."
Nathan: "Yeah mommy, you squeezed two babies out of a tiny baby tunnel in your body, so I don't think a kidney stone should be a problem."

Me: Aiden, you look just like your daddy!
Aiden: That's because of my wimpy haircut.

And then one morning when the boys were constantly fighting, I told Aiden that he could go into his room and lock the door to have some quiet time. Before heading in there, he grabbed one of John's engineering textbooks. After a little while, he came out with some calculus problems that he had attempted on his own:

That kid boggles my mind sometimes.

No comments: