Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Kipper

While shopping in Costco today, Nathan and I noticed a stack of rather large...ok, humongous stuffed dogs. Nathan adores stuffed animals so we went over to look at them and marvel at their size. I had no intention of buying one because stuffed animals of that size are usually $75 at minimum. John and I had been saying for quite a while that Nathan would love a ridiculously huge stuffed animal, but they are always too expensive. Well, not today! Costco's price was $29.99 for a stuffed dog bigger than Nathan. I could not resist, so in the cart it went. 

Nathan named him immediately: Kipper. He talked to the dog the entire time we were shopping and looked as though he were in heaven. Other customers stared, laughed, and commented ("You picked the small one, eh?") at the large thing taking up my cart.
The entire cart.

After getting Nathan and the groceries in the car, I realized that I had no idea how I was going to fit this dog in my vehicle. It was quickly obvious that he was going to have to sit in the front seat.
 On our way home, I stopped at a light right next to a fire truck. The firefighters looked over at my car and then they all erupted in hysterical laughter.

Once we got Kipper home and upstairs, Nathan happily curled up with him for a good snuggle.
 And that is the story of a giant dog, a happy five year old, and a very unusual trip to Costco.

No comments: