Thursday, May 16, 2013

Kindergarten!

Today was kindergarten orientation at the school. Aiden went along with us and got lots of "Hi Aiden!"s from the staff. We heard a short intro from the principal and took a tour of the whole school. They hadn't done a full orientation when Aiden was entering kindergarten, so there were some things I didn't know about and it ended up being a little more informative than I had expected. Nathan was extremely excited for orientation and had a great time looking around. But I had to fight back tears as the principal talked about first week of school transitions. I can't believe my baby is getting ready for kindergarten!

Once we took the tour and ended up in the kindergarten classroom, the teacher read the group a story. Nathan is already a pro at sitting quietly at story time!
 The little boy in the orange and brown striped sweatshirt is the younger brother of one of Aiden's classmates, so their mommy and I might have two kids in the same classes! It was actually kind of nice to already know someone - making the whole thing seem much less lonely and scary.

Nathan thought that the foam letters were awfully cool. And we got to see the butterflies that the class is currently raising.
All in all, I think we're pretty excited for kindergarten. While moving onto the next stage of life is bittersweet, it will be much easier to have both kids in the same school and also allow me to set my own volunteer time adjusted to my own school schedule instead of doing a required amount and struggling to juggle everything. See you in the fall, kindergarten!

No comments: