After a few years of trying to get Aiden to settle on some kind of sport that he could do for an entire season (with lots of prodding from our pediatrician), he finally made a decision. Wrestling. I don't know if I'll be able to watch.
We signed him up for beginning wrestling and met with the director last week. I was fine with all of it until the director said, "Oh, he'll get the wind knocked out of him for sure and he'll probably cry - but don't worry, we'll help him get right back up!". Umm, I'm not sure about this now.... I've been told that the first time watching is definitely not easy. And this sparked a discussion between John and I about changing health insurance plans to one with better coverage. Yikes.
But Aiden is very excited to start. His first practice is on the 19th and he'll go to training twice per week. I have no idea about competition schedules yet, but once I get it, I would be happy to pass that information along to any family members who might want to come. I'm a little nervous as to how he'll actually do with this kind of sport, but I'm not admitting that to him because I don't want to make him feel like there's something to be nervous about. He is very active and has a lot of energy to spare, so he could do quite well if he can learn how to channel that into his wrestling. But he's also a very sensitive kid and is still learning how to handle winning/losing situations. This could be extremely good for him - but I anticipate some challenging times along the way.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
10 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment