Aiden began wrestling practice tonight. It's a huge group of kids! Here they are lined up against the wall, and this isn't even all of them.
They all warm up as a group for about 20 minutes and then break off into smaller groups (based upon kid size so they're fairly evenly matched) for technique training.
I learned a few things. One, it takes nothing to convince boys to wrestle. Two, there are MANY bloody noses in wrestling. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before Aiden gets one.
The practice was an hour and a half long and by the end, Aiden was tired, sweaty, thirsty, and hungry. But oh so happy. Going to these practices twice per week (and it going beyond his normal bedtime) is going to take some getting to used to, but I think he'll really benefit from it. I did get the tournament schedule this evening, so if anyone has any interest in attending one with us, please let me know.
Here's his very first practice match-up with another kid. I have to admit that I kept wanting to do the "mom thing" and say, "Hey, knock it off!". But since they were supposed to be doing that...well, I just sat back and held my breath.



No comments:
Post a Comment