Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sometimes Life Just Sucks

I try to keep a fairly upbeat tone to my blog. Don't want to look like a total whiner now, do I? But sometimes life sucks, and having a little gripe session is all you can do. So here's a whining post. After this, I'll move on to happier things - I promise!

I will admit it: I'm completely overwhelmed by school and it's only the 2nd week. I can't keep up with housework, I'm constantly behind on stuff for the preschool, I've not been feeling 100%, and my to-do list doesn't ever seem to get any shorter. This was really enough to keep me constantly stressed already and then what happens? I break my wrist.

Yes, I broke it. I had a little run-in with our 50 lb lab puppy, which ended with the wrist that I broke 10 years ago getting broken again. I'm frustrated, I'm angry, I'm in excruciating pain. I can barely type (I'm doing this one-handed), which makes homework difficult. And standard household with kids stuff really requires two hands, so that's taking an even bigger hit.
I'm not in a cast, since the fracture is small and the doctor wanted to reduce my chances of needing physical therapy later. So I'm in a wrist splint (which I do wear while sleeping), which allows me to remove it and do small wrist rotations once or twice per day. That should keep it from losing too much range of motion. We're going to see how I'm doing in two weeks, but I'm to expect the horrible level of pain to keep up for at least 10-14 days.

I've been in tears from frustration and pain multiple times today. This stinks. I am trying to remember that this is temporary and there are many people out there with way more awful things health-wise, but that doesn't take away how much pain I'm in at the moment. I do occasionally find solace in the fact that this won't last and I am grateful for that. I just really hope and pray that it heals quickly and properly. As I had pointed out to me, 10 years makes a big difference with bones. I'm older now and breaks can be much more painful and harder to heal. Let's hope this is the last break for my poor little wrist.

No comments: