Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First Sick Day

Aiden is having his first sick day of the school year today. Thankfully it's nothing too terrible so far - just a stomach ache bad enough that it kept him awake last night and keeps him from moving around very much. I had the same thing yesterday, so I feel for him but hope that he'll be back to normal tomorrow.

The thing that really stood out to me about today's sick day was that he was devastated when he realized that he had to stay home from school. He came out of the bathroom this morning in tears. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I feel very sick, but I really want to go to school". I explained that it was really the best thing to stay home and he sobbed for a while. This would not have happened last year. In fact, he tried to fake a few sick days last year! I think 1st grade is a little more interesting and varied for him, and I am so pleased that he is eager to go each day.


No comments: