The alarms went off, the coffee pot started brewing, and it was time. The morning was a quick blur of getting ready, taking the walk to school, and getting him settled into his classroom. It was an odd feeling of time being slowed and yet going much faster than I wanted it to. We now have a 1st grader in the house.
See how excited he is? This was his self-proclaimed "super excited face".
Honestly, he woke up with a smile on his face and ready to begin the day. He wouldn't eat breakfast, even though I'd gotten Eggo waffles specifically for him. I guess he was a little nervous, but wouldn't admit it. We all walked to the school as a family (John included), met his teacher, and Aiden happily discovered that he has a few friends from kindergarten in his class. I gave him little reminders for the day: Listen to the teacher, there's the classroom bathroom, we're not buying the cafeteria food, so remember your lunch box at lunch time, etc. And then I gave him a hug and left. I almost lost it as we were leaving the school, but have managed to just get a little misty-eyed instead of having full-on bawling fits. That was yesterday! I think I got most of it out of my system.
I think he was a little more nervous once we actually got into the classroom!
2:30 seems like a LONG time from now. I'm sure eventually I'll get used to it and maybe even begin to like it. We'll see. For now, the house is oddly quiet.



No comments:
Post a Comment