This week has been one of the longest and stressful weeks I've had in a long time. Already on the schedule was the final for the very last math class I needed. And then at the end of last week, I was called by a local preschool, asking me to come in for an interview on Monday. So that was added in to everything. The interview was for an educational assistant position, but I haven't heard anything yet. If it's supposed to happen, it will happen. And if it doesn't, someone else probably needed that job more.
Once the interview was past me, I focused hard on getting through the final. As many of you know, math and I do not get along. Tests and I do not get along. Add the two together and it's a complete disaster. My mind goes blank, I start shaking, my asthma kicks in, I feel sick to my stomach. Worst test anxiety ever. It's no wonder I bombed my SATs. Anyway, I really wanted to just get through the math class and be done with my math pre-requisites. This term's math had more sense than last term's and I had somehow managed to pass last term (but barely), so I was hoping I could pull it off. After the final, I did not feel good about it. I got to the car and cried, then went home and ate a bunch of comfort food. What was done was done and I just had to wait. Then this morning came and I received the email from my professor. I had passed. And not only had I passed, I had somehow managed to get a 'B' in the class (thank you, extra credit assignments!!). I screamed. I am done with math and it feels great! It may sound silly, but I honestly didn't think I could pass all three math courses on the first try. I've gone back and looked at my final grade a few times just to make sure I read it correctly! I am so excited to move onto next term and focus on my library/education courses (plus one extra pre-req computer course that I wasn't able to get permission to skip, since it's a pre-req for two courses that are pre-reqs for five other courses).
I am so happy that it's finally Friday. Now I have six weeks before classes start for me again and I get to enjoy spending time with my kids before school starts for them in three weeks (I am NOT ready to have a 1st grader, but that's another topic!). I am seriously going to enjoy my weekend!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment