So I've tried to write this post about four or five different times. Mainly because I don't want it to sound like a "poor me" post or anything depressing or grumpy. I'll be honest and say that I haven't come up with anything else to post about because my brain is stuck on the oral surgery next week. Yes, it's just teeth and I know that I have an unnecessary fear of dental work, but I've got a lot of anxiety leading up to this. In fact, they just called to confirm and I had a mild panic attack. She promised to call in the valium prescription right away. I have a feeling these next few days are going to drag by. Someone told me that since I've been through this once already, I shouldn't be nervous. The problem there is that I remember how sick I got from the medications and anesthesia and am not looking forward to potentially going through that again. Since there isn't going to be general anesthesia and just local, it shouldn't be nearly as bad - but I'm also not sure how I react to valium. Bottom line: I just don't want to throw up at the dentist's office (and I'll bet they don't want me to either).
But before my surgery, there's one thing happening. Something that I should be super excited about, and probably will be once the surgery is out of the way. I'm starting school. Yes, finally. I am registered for two classes, writing and math. I was low on the waitlist of the math class and didn't think there was any way I would get into it, but as the weeks went by, my spot on the waitlist got closer and closer until I got the confirmation email letting me know that I was registered. The math class was what I needed to really get this started, since I can't do much of anything else until I get going on the 3-4 math classes I need. My financial aid finally went through, so I can get this going.
Like I said, I should be excited about it. But it may just be adding to the anxiety right now. The classes start the night before my surgery, so I'm crossing my fingers that there will be no homework for the first week. I'm not great at math in general - I don't even want to know how it would look if I attempted it on pain killers! I'm sure once I get past next week, stress levels will be much lower and it will finally hit me that I am working towards my much-desired certification.
For those of you who would like to keep me and my nerves in prayer, my surgery is at 10am on Tuesday. I'm hoping that they are able to extract the wisdom teeth quickly and with no complications, that the valium will make me drowsy enough to not be quite so aware of what's happening, and that the adverse reactions I had to the pain meds in the past will not be a factor this time around. It will make the recovery a lot easier if my body will handle them normally.
Here's hoping this weekend can be spent playing with my kids and not thinking about next week.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment