I'm a firm believer in animals knowing when someone in their family is sick. Nathan is on day 3 of a fever and what has felt the best to him over the past few days is curling up in front of the fireplace. Today, Buster decided Nathan needed love/protection/snuggles as he lay in front of the fire.
Now, before you jump to any conclusions, I continually offer Nathan a blanket and pillow and he keeps refusing them. I don't know why this is the most comfortable thing for him, but I'll go with it.
After a little while, Nathan scooted closer to the fire and Buster moved around so he could see him.
And then finally, Nathan fell fast asleep on the hard hearth. Strange. Buster got up, sniffed Nathan, figured out that he was asleep, and then Buster moved to the couch. I guess he just wanted to make sure Nathan was going to get some rest.
In the half hour since these pictures were taken, Buster has gone over to Nathan a few more times. He checks him out, then sits protectively by Nathan's head for a few minutes before going back to the couch. It's really quite adorable to watch him take care of Nathan in his own doggy way.



No comments:
Post a Comment