AH-choo is more like it. Life was back to normal and I was feeling great (and off the painkillers) for a full 24 hours before we were all hit by the cough, congestion, fever, and sore throat train. And I'm comparing it to a train because it seriously came speeding into our lives like a JR500 (and if you don't know that is, then you have not spoken to Aiden). We all went to bed feeling fine and we all woke up the next morning feeling AWFUL.
Aiden has missed two days of school, Nathan had to miss his first dance class, and I'm just ticked off that I'm laid up in bed again after being in bed for 5 days to recover from oral surgery. I really should be happy that I didn't come down with this while I was recovering, because that could have caused some problems. As it is, my healing has backtracked a little bit because my body is responding to this nasty cold, so I'm dealing with some gum swelling again but in general it's not affecting it too badly. And thank goodness my classes are all online this term. Nothing like spending the first two weeks of the term in pajamas.
While he's still congested, I think Aiden can go to school tomorrow since he no longer has a fever and the croupy cough at night is gone. Nathan is still running a fever at night, but acts fine during the day. John seems to have mostly missed it so far except for feeling extra tired and coming home at noon yesterday with a bad headache (but that may have been from the dental work he had that morning). I seem to have it the worst (like last time), but could deal with it a whole lot better if this virus didn't include insomnia from 3-7am each morning.
All in all, this is only the 2nd time we've been sick this cold and flu season which is SO much better than last year's every 3 weeks junk. I read an article this morning that said flu season is getting a very slow start this year, so it's not just us. What remains to be seen is if the flu shots really nailed things this year or the worst is yet to come. Now excuse me while I go curl my feverish self up in front of the fire.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment