My first week was interesting. I started out really easy, but was still in a constant state of soreness all week. A few days into it, my appetite exploded and is still all wonky. I think my body is confused and is having trouble spreading out my needed calorie intake throughout the day. Instead, I'm barely hungry for half the day, then I'm starving at 2pm, again at 5pm, at 9pm, and at midnight. And I mean STARVING. Like I haven't eaten in days. I guess it's good that I'm not trying to lose any weight; just get myself back in shape and firm up some muscles after having two babies.
For now, I'm just exercising here at home. Eventually I'd like to sign up for a dance class, but I don't feel like my body is ready yet. I did a home instruction ballet video and ended up in tears. My legs have not been used like that since I was 19! My word, it hurt so bad. I was pretty sure that I used to train in ballet professionally, but after 45 minutes, I wasn't as convinced that I used to do that 40 hours a week.
One of the great things about our cable package is that we have OnDemand and ExerciseTV has an OnDemand channel. I LOVE it. There must be at least 100 videos available that cover any sort of exercise you could want. And from any time frame from 10 minutes to an hour. It's great and it keeps me from getting bored. I've done Jillian Michaels videos one night, then a belly dancing video the next, then a basic cardio, then weight training, then kickboxing.....it's awesome.
I'm loving how I feel. Although since the boys were sick, I spent five nights with just a few hours of sleep, barely being able to function during the day. There was no way I could work out - I'd collapse. My body just wasn't capable with the amount of sleep I'd been getting. So I didn't work out for almost a full week. And when they say that your body forgets quickly, they mean it. I felt like I was starting all over. But John noticed that my little love handles on the sides were smaller than they were before and I could actually feel my ab muscles starting to come back to life. I know I'll never be back to my high school professional ballet training days, but I hope to get close. I've got a ways to go still, but now that I'm beginning to see little changes, it's giving me motivation to keep going. Plus, I'm setting a good example for my children and we're beginning to eat healthier too. It almost makes me wonder why I ever stopped working out in the first place!



No comments:
Post a Comment