Thursday, June 9, 2011

Again? Again and Again and Again

This school year has been a total kick in the pants. We have been sick more times than I count and it hasn't stopped yet. Granted we haven't dealt with the swine flu and norovirus like we did the year before, but the frequency of our respiratory and stomach illnesses are almost as bad.

We were supposed to go see my dad in Tacoma this weekend, but we've had to call that off. Aiden slept about five hours last night and got up early this morning, saying that he was freezing and his legs hurt. He also begged me to not take him anywhere. Lucky for him, I only needed to go to Target because Nathan was wearing his last pull-up and he's nowhere close to being dry at night. Pull-ups were very much needed. So I promised him it would be fast and then we'd stay home for the rest of the day.

While we were at Target, he started acting really out of it. By the time we were headed out of the store, he was running a fever and shivering. I got him home, gave him ibuprofen, and he went to sleep. He slept for about an hour, then woke up acting very disoriented. He was holding his head, crying, saying his head was hurting too. I got him to lay back down while I called the advice nurse and he slept for another 45 minutes. By the time the advice nurse called back, he had woken up and insisted that his legs and head were no longer hurting. He's still running a fever and acting out of it, but the advice nurse just wants me to keep up with the ibuprofen and fluids. She said the illnesses are still massively out of control, so she's not surprised that he's sick again. I'm just ready for summer to be here for a while. But I'd also be happy if the germs would stop attacking Aiden - he's really been beaten up by all these illnesses and has been sick way more than anyone else. No wonder he's been so sleep deprived and crabby.

No comments: