Sunday, June 12, 2011

And Again

Aiden was sick, but the fever broke sometime during the night and was fine, although pretty tired the next day. We decided to go ahead and take the boys to their cousin's birthday party (he was turning 16 and it was just a small family get-together, so it's not like it was a hyper little kid party). But that was probably pushing it. The boys were definitely tired and ready to leave after just a little while.

The next day (Saturday), the boys were acting fine and I thought maybe we could take them downtown to see the ships that had come in for the Rose Festival on Sunday afternoon. Suddenly, Nathan flopped down on the floor and started crying. As I picked him up, I could feel it: Fever. His was higher than Aiden's ever got and I set him up on the couch to rest. He started complaining that his legs were hurting, just like Aiden had done. About 30 minutes later, I began to feel like my right leg was bruised from my ankle to my hip and my head started to hurt. Great.

The worst it got for me was feeling quite nauseous around 9:30 and barely being able to walk because of my leg. Nathan however, was up every half hour during the night and we got no sleep because of it. It's about 4pm now and he's still on the couch with a fever. We're at double how long it lasted for Aiden and the fever was much higher. I think I feel better but it's hard to tell since I'm going off of little to no sleep.

Aiden missed his last school field trip of the year on Friday (and had missed the one before that because he was sick). Tomorrow is their last actual school day with Wednesday being their graduation ceremonies. Aiden seems fine to go, but right now, I'm not so sure Nathan will be well enough. He may just have to be content with graduation being his last day. Just as long as they're both well enough to graduate!

No comments: