The one day I did manage to get a good portion of the dishes washed, it took me right around four hours and the old break in my wrist hurt so bad, I couldn't do any other housework for the rest of the day without feeling like I going to burst into tears.
We had been waiting on a friend for her old dishwasher, but there was a bit of an unknown as to when exactly it would be ready for pick up. After some back and forth, John ended up making the decision that we needed to buy our own. So off to Lowe's we went and we found a great deal on a new Maytag dishwasher. We had talked about choosing stainless steel when replacing our kitchen appliances, but ultimately decided that we liked the features of the white one better. So we still have a matching kitchen. :^)
John being John, he opted to not pay for them to install it, but wanted to install it himself. So once he got home from school last night, we began the installation process together. I learned that just because John knows how to install a dishwasher, doesn't mean he can do it without some problems arising. It will be a long time before I forget him asking me to look closely under the dishwasher to let him know if there was any leaking water coming from the pipe hook-up. He turned on the sink and water went spraying out from under the dishwasher onto my face!
But we finally got it all hooked up and working after about an hour and a half. We are both VERY happy to have a working dishwasher again. It's quieter and washes more dishes than the old one. And the great thing? It does actually WASH the dishes.



No comments:
Post a Comment