No, not child. Animal. Aiden has apparently developed my love of having loads of animals. The problem is that he's still a tad young to really take care of all of them. Don't get me wrong, he does a great job with Buster. He feeds him, picks up poo, and even takes him out on the leash sometimes (the benefit of having an 8 pound dog who can't drag my son down the sidewalk). But he's still young and I don't expect him to do much more than that.
We have two cats who aren't much work and then Buster, obviously. After Buster spent a few days at a dog hotel over Christmas, Aiden brought up how much fun Buster had with other dogs and how we should get Buster a dog friend. I'm not opposed to getting another dog (maybe even one that's a little bigger), but it will be a while. So imagine my surprise today when Aiden announces on the way to school, "Mommy, I want a guinea pig".
I've had countless guinea pigs over the years and we had some up until 2 1/2 years ago, so Aiden is not unfamiliar with the rodents. I just didn't know that he actually wanted one. But I did find out that a boy in his class just got a guinea pig, so Aiden thinks it sounds pretty fun. I'm not opposed (like the title says, what's one more?), but I told Aiden he'd have to talk to daddy about it. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is going to be....and I don't think Aiden is going to like it.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Ha ha!! Your house is going to look like mine in no time :)
Post a Comment