As most of you know, I interviewed for and didn't get a library job a little while back. I was fine with that, as the schedule wouldn't have worked very well with having two little kids.
Last Wednesday, I interviewed for a receptionist position at a local athletic club's day spa. It sounded super fun, something I would be really good at, and the schedule was nice. I found out today that they went with someone else. I won't say I wasn't disappointed, but here's my take on things:
I am currently employed. Many other people are not. I'm just looking for a new opportunity in my life. Others are looking for a way to feed their family. I am at ease with not being hired because I believe that these jobs went to people who really needed them at this time. I am still eager to find something new and different, but it will happen at the right time. I also know that trying to branch out in a new field with the economy the way it is right now is going to be quite challenging. The fact that I have been called to interview for the two things I put applications in for is very encouraging and I see it as good practice for future interviews (I really hate interviewing).
So while I still want to see if I can find a job that's going to challenge me a little more, I'm going to take a step back until January and see where I find myself and figure out which direction I'd like to head. I am still eager to start classes, but after much discussion, John really needs to be done before I can start. Provided everything goes well, that should be in March, but we just aren't positive yet. Fingers crossed for new opportunities next year!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment