Monday, May 17, 2010

Joseph and the Pharaoh (according to Aiden)

Aiden has been learning lots of bible stories lately and he has interesting thoughts, but this latest one really was the best telling of a bible story by a four year old that I've ever heard.
Aiden was learning about Joseph interpreting what the Pharaoh's dreams meant in regards to the seven years of abundance, then seven years of famine as told in Genesis. This was our conversation last night (somewhat condensed):

Aiden: And there were seven fat cows and seven sickly cows. And then the sickly cows ate the fat cows!! Because everyone was going to be hungry.

John: Was there anything else?
(Here's where Aiden went off in a different direction...)

Aiden: Yes, then there were seven bending sheep and seven bending robots. And the sheep were very sickly, so the robots ate them.

John (after nearly spitting his dinner out): I don't really remember that being in the Pharaoh's dream....

Aiden: Well daddy, there can be new dreams.

John and I both erupted in laughter and Aiden seemed a little confused as to why this was so funny. I think he tried to add more to it, but we were laughing so hard, I couldn't tell you what he said. But after last night, I look forward to hearing more bible stories from him!

No comments: