Thursday, October 22, 2009

House Update, Number...I Lost Count!

One more phone call from the real estate agent:

The bank is waiting on one more approval signature, which should take five business days (so, it will be next Thursday). But it looks like our names will be on that approval! Of course, it's a short sale, so anything could happen between now and next Thursday, but the bank has supposedly assured the listing agent that since they've done all of the preliminary paperwork, they really just need that one signature to be done.

So far, they are right on track with finalizing everything by the end of October, which is what we were told at the beginning. Provided that final signature gets put on the paper, we will have the final answer next week and then we will start the closing process (inspections, etc), which will take about a month.

I want to hop up and down with excitement, but I am staying cautious for now. Plus, I'm deathly ill at the moment, so any hopping might cause me to pass out. I really want it to be next Thursday already though! Please keep this last leg of the process in your prayers. We've been having some issues with the downstairs neighbor and we are definitely feeling anxious to get out of apartment living.

No comments: