Wednesday, July 15, 2009

And the kitchen sink

Apparently Nathan has developed a bit of an obsession with our kitchen sink.

I was letting Nathan play with my cell phone yesterday, as I typically do since I can lock it, and after a while we put him down for a nap. A little while later, I decide to do the dishes. Nearly done with the dishes, I take the mixing bowl full of old brownie batter water and dump it out.....and out comes my phone. It had been in there for about an hour. Needless to say, it was toast.

Since my cell phone is the number I give most people and the only way for work to get ahold of me, it needed to be replaced pronto. We live right by a Verizon Wireless location and so I went right over to talk to them, bringing my brownie water soaked phone with me in a ziplock bag.
Lucky for me, I was eligible for a phone upgrade and was able to get a very nice new phone for just $20 after my upgrade rebate. They didn't want to touch the water-logged phone (go figure), so everything on the phone is gone and can't be retrieved.

While I'm very happy with my shiny new phone, I was a tiny bit annoyed at my tiny boy. But his obsession with the sink has a bright side. This evening after dinner, I got him down out of his highchair and he went around and picked up all of the dishes he had tossed on the floor. He then took them, one by one, and put them in the sink! He's so small, so he has to stand on tippy toes to barely get them pushed over the edge. It was so adorable and it almost makes the whole situation the day before totally worth it. :^)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh, that is such a bummer. Glad you were ready for an upgrade and it wasn't too much money out of pocket for you guys. Let me know if you need any random (or not so random) phone numbers or other contact info.

Bethany said...

Sadly, as I read this entry, I totally felt your pain... mine just got dropped in the bath tub. Seriously a bummer. I'm glad you were able to get a new phone so quickly. By any chance could you email me your phone number? :)