Thursday, July 2, 2009

Some Projects

I decided to do a few projects to have a little bit of stress-relieving creativity time. These are things that I would have done if we had moved into that house we were planning on buying, but I figured that we deserve to have some cute creative things for our apartment (which IS our home, as sad as it sometimes feels) and so I went for it.

I've been enjoying my trips over to Michael's Crafts, which is just two minutes from our apartment. I do need to limit myself though - I can see things getting out of hand! I enjoy the unfinished wood section and have found many cute things.

My first little project was a place for the boys to hang their jackets and backpacks. Sadly, I have yet to take a picture of the finished product, but this is it in progress. Aiden helped with most of the painting. We are doing the base color in purple and the little knobs are now black. Once the little crevices where the base coat missed are filled in and we get it hung up, I'll share a picture.


I've been wanting some sort of hanging name plates for the boys' bedroom door and wanted to keep them individual. Aiden's theme as a baby was Jungle/Zoo and Nathan's was Ocean/Aquarium. So I found these great little unfinished wooden bases, along with unfinished wooden letters and some wooden animals. I painted them and just wood glued them all together. It was super easy and I love the way that they look.

No comments: