Monday, May 12, 2008

My strange little children

Yesterday was my 3rd Mother's Day and my children reminded me that I am very lucky to have such.....unique offspring. Take a look (click on any photo to enlarge):

We awoke to find Aiden asleep on his floor amongst his typical destruction.
Nathan spent some time on Grandpa's lap making weird little faces while he watched everyone talk.

Any time Nathan is in my bed, he will grab my pillow and pull it over his face. He sometimes does this with blankets in his swing and has done it since he was about 2 weeks old. I guess he likes it. And yes, I do have a Johnny Depp pillow (thanks Laura!!).

We spent Mother's Day at the in-laws with lots of family. We had lots of very yummy food (the burgers were fantastic!) and fun conversation. Aiden had spent about an hour the day before making Mother's Day cards for all the mommies and grandmas, so those were fun to give to everyone. We gave grandma a picture frame of a few photos of the kids. Later in the day, we went to Baskin Robbins to get me a Mother's Day ice cream cake (oreo!) and I bought myself another ringtone for my cell phone (I have a hard time justifying spending $3 on one ringtone, so it was good to make it a small gift since John pays for it anyway). I also received a pair of gorgeous Coach shoes from Laura! Very 1940s - I love it!

I hope all the other mommies had a great Mother's Day!

No comments: