Monday, June 16, 2014

Graduated!

I can now proudly say that I have graduated after 2 1/2 long years. Not only that, but after keeping myself on the President's List for over a year, I have graduated with Highest Honors. I am shaking from excitement, shock, and disbelief. I can't believe I'm done.

And of course I had to top off this news by seeing what would be needed if I went back for my Associates. Ha! That will not happen for a year at minimum. The plan is to see how the Library Assistant gig goes for a while. I may decide that I'm perfectly happy in that role and not feel the need to go any further. Or I might decide that being a full-on Librarian is what I want, which means I would need to go back to school and pursue my Bachelors. A lot of libraries aren't requiring Masters degrees for non-specialized Librarians anymore - which I think is good because the gap between requiring a Certification and requiring a Masters is ridiculously large. But all of this is a big "what if".

Right now, I am going to relax, pat myself on the back for a job well done, and celebrate my achievement by going to work at my cute little library.

1 comment:

NattyJo said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment Carrie!! Now you can spend more time reading those books :)