Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Carrie Minthorne, Library Assistant

It is official: I am a Library Assistant. Not certified yet, but most definitely hired. I had the interview last Thursday and was convinced that I had bombed it. I was sick, I felt like I was grasping for answers at their questions (I had prepped for different questions entirely), it just wasn't a great feeling once I left. But I got the call this morning to offer me the position and I readily accepted. I have four weeks of training before my official start date of May 19th.

It all hit me this afternoon. I am going to be working. I am still in school full time. I am still doing my internship. I have two kids and their four extra-curricular activities to worry about. I AM INSANE. Or will be shortly.

On the bright side, it's a part time job. I'm capped at 17 hours per week because it's a non-benefited position. I'll also be done with school in 8 weeks, so the massive insanity will be short lived.
On the not-so-bright side, it's a position with an on-call component, which means childcare could get tricky sometimes. Thank goodness there's a drop-in daycare a few minutes away for emergencies (which will cost me more per hour than what I'll be paid, but hey, you do what you have to do).

I feel excited. Very excited. I'm also panicking a little and suddenly feel the need to take a nap. Most of all though, I can't believe I actually got hired as a Library Assistant!

No comments: