Sunday, March 24, 2013

Socrates

I can't tell you how much this quote as been speaking to me lately.


As I choose to ease up on how much I put on my schedule each week and work further to simplify our life, I am finding more peace. I have been able to focus more on how I want to be living instead of letting my schedule run how I live. I am gradually feeling more organized and more in control. I am getting control of my stress and making better, healthier choices. I am learning to breathe and to be still, and it is wonderful. 

I realized that constant running around makes me feel out of control and incredibly tense. My shoulders are not meant to be hunched up by my ears! Seriously, you have no idea how many times a day I would find myself in a "hunchback" stance while out and about. I can't stand an overly full schedule. No more. I will not live that way. It is teaching the boys to slow down as well. Behavior has been better and fights between the boys have eased up. Aiden is reacting to frustration much better in a very short amount of time and I truly think it is because I am allowing us to have plenty of relaxed downtime as a family throughout the week.

While I would normally want to fill our spring break with activities, I am not doing that this year. We have a few things scheduled throughout the week, but our focus is on relaxation and being together. The boys are very excited about it! And the fact that they actually are excited to focus on relaxation tells me that we're on the right path.

No comments: