Monday, March 18, 2013

One Little Step

The school district finally got around to completing the qualification and designating Aiden as an official TAG student within the school and district. And they gave me this handy little book....which tells me everything I've already read over the last three years. Beginner? Psh!


I had a meeting with Aiden's teacher after school today. She started with "Well, Aiden has qualified for TAG, which we knew was inevitable back in October...". At least I'm not the only one who feels like this could have been done much earlier. We discussed assessment results and brainstormed lessons for him for an hour and a half. My brain is mush. I don't know how teachers do it.
This is just a little step in the whole process of trying to meet the challenges that Aiden needs and craves, and giving him tools to ease the frustration when the work is boring and easy for him. This is much harder than John and I ever could have imagined. We have a long, long road ahead. But we are very thankful that the official qualification is confirmed. That will make things much easier in the future.

No comments: